Hot on the heels of 2011’s Schlungs, the Jetsetters have kept their buttons firmly pushed, and return with their next thrilling installment, Mungodelics, out August 21st on Smalltown Supersound. The album, essentially a psycho-dramatic sequel to 2009’s acclaimed We Gave It All Away, Now We Are Taking It Back, is a blend of originals and remakes-made-original, along with solo performances and external collaborations from core members, Knut Saevik and Paul "Strangefruit" Nyhus.
As a band infamous for taking musical excess to previously unexplored heights, then weaving it through the stars in a funked-up connect-the-dots fantasy of intergalactic proportions, Mungodelics is a return to the Terran homeworld...or perhaps underworld. In the Mung context, it is an excavation of a rarely visited cave on the dark side of the Mung. Mungodelics unleashes some of the most epic-sounding progressive electronic music out there, but the emphasis is more to the deeper, darker, melancholic and melodic sides of the psychedelic plane.
All in all, Mungodelics summons everything that is hazy, dazy, under-earthly and crazy. This is the Mungolian Jetset taking you on a ride through the seasons and shifts of day and night. All revved up as clouds, like souls from the stolen sky. Encountering people on strong stuff, and being strong on people stuff.
LISTEN TO “TOCCATA” BY MUNGOLIAN JETSET HERE:
1. Mungolian Jetset presents Jaga Jazzist vs. Knights Of Jumungus : Toccata
2. Mungolian Jetset vs. Unni Wilhelmsen : Revolving Door
3. Mungolian Jetset : Smells Like Gasoline
4. Mungolian Jetset vs. Athana: Mung`s Picazzo
5. Mungolian Jetset : Mush In The Bush
6. Mungolian Jetset : People On Strong Stuff
7. Mungolian Jetset presents The Sjukt : Ghost In The Machine
8. Mungolian Jetset presents Knights Of Jumungus : The Dark Incal